Year-End Report 2018
· Order intake was MSEK 5,691.7 (5,238.4), which is an overall growth of 8.7% adjusted to -2.6% for acquisitions of MSEK 421.5 and currency effects of MSEK 169.4
· Net sales were MSEK 5,621.0 (5,170.3), which is an overall growth of 8.7% adjusted to -2.5% for acquisitions of MSEK 407.1 and currency effects of MSEK 172.2
· Operating profit was MSEK 705.8 (677.8) representing a 4.1% increase with an operating margin of 12.6 (13.1)%
· Earnings after tax were 503.1 (494.4), an increase of 1.8%
· Earnings per share were SEK 4.39 (4.32)
· Cash flow from operating activities was MSEK 378.1 (681.1)
Comments from CEO Bodil Sonesson:
- Overall we are pleased with the achievements and performance during 2018, a year where the Group completed the acquisition of Veko, underwent a CEO change and signed the agreement to acquire iGuzzini.
- At the same time, the focus, hard work and dedicated effort shown in all of our businesses enabled the Group to continue to grow and deliver good results on many key measures. The net sales and operating profit set new records.
- The Group has completed the LED technology shift and in doing so is in a good position to embrace the connectivity challenge, a particularly important strategy for me, the business and the industry during the coming years. It is important to expand our extensive lighting knowledge and competencies into controls and connectivity.
- Short term we are planning and dealing with the some geo-political challenges, for example Brexit and the Turkish Lira, as well as a return to organic growth and in the medium term we look forward to developing even stronger positions in our chosen sectors.
- We are pleased with the start that Veko has made within the Group, good results and a high level of cooperation and I look forward to welcoming all iGuzzini members and employees to the Group during the coming months.
Disclosures may be submitted by
Bodil Sonesson CEO, mobile: +46 72223 7602 e-mail: email@example.com
Michael Wood CFO, mobile: +46 73 087 46 47 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is inside information that AB Fagerhult (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and information that AB Fagerhult (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the Securities Markets Act.
The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 12.15 CET on 26th February 2019.
Fagerhult is one of Europe’s leading lighting groups with approximately 3,450 employees and operations in more than 25 countries. We create modern products and exciting, energy-efficient and environmentally-adapted lighting installations, successfully integrated into their individual environments. The Group includes such strong brands as Fagerhult, Ateljé Lyktan, LTS, Whitecroft Lighting, Designplan Lighting, Eagle Lighting, I-Valo, Arlight, Lighting Innovation, LED Linear, WE-EF and Veko. AB Fagerhult is listed on the Nasdaq Nordic Exchange in Stockholm.