Interim Report | Financials | 26 Feb, 2019 | 12:16 | Regulatory
Year-End Report 2018
Comments from CEO Bodil Sonesson:
- Overall we are pleased with the achievements and performance during 2018, a year where the Group completed the acquisition of Veko, underwent a CEO change and signed the agreement to acquire iGuzzini.
- At the same time, the focus, hard work and dedicated effort shown in all of our businesses enabled the Group to continue to grow and deliver good results on many key measures. The net sales and operating profit set new records.
- The Group has completed the LED technology shift and in doing so is in a good position to embrace the connectivity challenge, a particularly important strategy for me, the business and the industry during the coming years. It is important to expand our extensive lighting knowledge and competencies into controls and connectivity.
- Short term we are planning and dealing with the some geo-political challenges, for example Brexit and the Turkish Lira, as well as a return to organic growth and in the medium term we look forward to developing even stronger positions in our chosen sectors.
- We are pleased with the start that Veko has made within the Group, good results and a high level of cooperation and I look forward to welcoming all iGuzzini members and employees to the Group during the coming months.