Interim Report | Financials | 30 Aug, 2016 | 13:54 | Regulatory
Interim Report January – June 2016
Comments from CEO Johan Hjertonsson:
- The Group delivered a record half year performance with order intake at MSEK 2,350, net sales at MSEK 2,173 and an operating profit at MSEK 239.
- Strong also were the second quarter figures for order intake of MSEK 1,208, net sales of MSEK 1,141 and an operating profit of MSEK 154, an increase of 74% year on year. All three measures set new quarterly records.
- The cash flow from operating activities for the quarter was MSEK 90.5 which eliminated the negative start in the first quarter.
- Earnings per share at SEK 4.59 was better than the previous year’s SEK 2.96.
- LED share of net sales in the half year was just over 70 per cent, demonstrating continued success from the investments in product development and LED luminaire manufacturing across the Group.
- The order backlog remains at a high level as we enter the second half year.
- Sales growth during the period was healthy in all of our reporting business areas as many of the operating units performed well, some of them under regionally difficult conditions.
- Management continues to monitor the effects of the EU Referendum result in the UK where we have seen immediate currency effects.