Interim Report | Financials | 18 Apr, 2013 | 14:05 | Regulatory
Interim report, January – March 2013
Comments by CEO Johan Hjertonsson:
- Continued lower demand in the late-cycle Indoor Lighting and Retail Lighting segments remains stable on a low level, in line with previous estimates.
- We anticipate that the market will remain weak through the coming quarters.
- The lower level of sales has meant a decrease in profits compared with the same period during the previous year. A considerable portion of this has been compensated for through cost savings.
- The gross margins were at the same level as in the first quarter of the previous year, and higher than the preceding quarter.
- Fixed expenses have been reduced by MSEK 50, on an annual basis compared, with the first quarter of the previous year, after adjustments for currency effects.
- Investments in R&D continue.
- The strong Swedish krona has had a negative effect on profit of MSEK 8 compared with the previous year.
- Red Dot Design Award for Fagerhult’s Appareo fixture.